In light of increasingly bellicose threats by North Korea, President Obama has dramatically escalated the American military’s posture in South Korea and elsewhere in the Pacific. The President has ordered B-52 bombers, Stealth fighters, missile defense systems, warships and other military assets to be sent to the Korean peninsula.
Why? To send a clear message to the leaders in Pyongyang that the U.S. is ready to defend our allies and our vital national interests.
Consider the latest developments:
- U.S. Flies B-52s Over Korea in Show of Strength to North Threats (Bloomberg)
- Amid North Korea’s threats, U.S. sends F-22s to South Korea (AP)
- South Korea vows fast response to North; U.S. deploys stealth jets (Reuters)
- US Navy shifts destroyer in wake of North Korea missile threats (NBC News)
- U.S. to beef up missile defense against North Korea, Iran (CNN)
Vezi articol original 269 de cuvinte mai mult